Junk food Sushi

With school buses and teachers just about ready to welcome little one back to school, it’s important to soak up all the Summer fun while we still can!

My girls love to be in the thick of all I do. Be it cleaning or gardening, I can always count on having little shadows and helpers at my side! I love doing things geared towards their imagination and abilities! This is the PERFECT recipe for any young helper!

Photobucket

Junk Food Sushi is a concoction of all things kids love…

Photobucket

Twinkies! Fruit Roll Ups!! Candy!!!

Photobucket

I love the color of these Green Apple Fruit roll ups!!! They look as close to Seaweed
as you could get!!

Unroll the fruit roll up and using a pizza cutter slice it in 6 strips.

Photobucket

Now you will slice each Twinkie into three equal parts. Wrap a slice of the Fruit roll up
around each piece of Twinkie leaving the cream filling sides exposed.

Photobucket

Now comes the fun part! Add your favorite small candies! I always add a Swedish Fish!! It is “Sushi” right!!!! We also added sour Gummie Worms that I cut in half and Tropical Flavored Skittles! Other candies to consider using are Red Hots, Licorice Pieces,
Mike ‘n Ikes and Jelly Beans! Anything small and colorful!

And VOILA!!! A super yummy tasty treat!
(I personally hate Twinkies and the taste of these but I’m a mom!!)
Kids LOVE ‘em and why wouldn’t they! Sugar!Candy! Junk Food!!!!

Hooray!!!!!!

Comments

What a great idea! I love it junk food sushi!! How creative!!

I'll have to keep this one in mind when my little one gets a little older! We love sushi at our house so hopefully one day she will to!

Thanks for sharing!!

Anneke and Kris says:

What a creative idea!!!

so cute. You are such a good Mama. I was in Utah over the weekend and wanted to get in touch with you so bad, but it seems like every time we are there we are pulled in about 80 different directions. Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you and longing to see you.

Stephanie says:

i wish i hated twinkies too, but i dont- i love em. so making these would not be good in my house because i would eat the whole box of twinkies and my kids wouldn't get and sushi rolls!

LOVE this idea. SO fun! I am now figuring out how to get my three kids in the car to head to the store to do this!

Sam and Kyrsten says:

this is such a cute idea. any kid would love this!

Sam and Kyrsten says:

by the way im a relatively new stalker to your blog and i love it! you are so creative! thanks for sharing!

Embellished Bayou says:

How fun & creative! I'm going to pass this along to my friends who have kids (and I just may have to try it for myself!)

Seriosuly Becca you are too fun!!! Love it. My boys would be in heaven making and eating these :)

Morph This says:

gosh, where did you get this fabulous idea?

That's really cute and creative.

Diane Costanza says:

This is a fabulous idea for a party! I definitely have to bookmark this one.

Andy Porter says:

Oh my GOSH!! Those are so much fun!! I was staring at the picture for a while before I read your post because I wanted to see if I could figure out what you used. You had me totally stumped! I love that!! You make me laugh.

This is the greatest idea. I think we'll make this at one of our kids birthday parties. Thanks for sharing.

The New Witty's says:

that's is so freaking genius! i have never been a fan of sushi, so this easily would satisfy my sweet-tooth too…hehe

I did a Kai-Lan theme at my daughter’s last party, and I made these! However, I used Air Heads candy (they were a brighter green…I wish I would have thought to use fruit roll ups!) and rice crispy treats instead of Twinkies. They were a HUGE hit! :)

1. [...] Twinkie Sushi from Blue Cricket Design [...]