Growth Chart

I love discovering a new way to use an otherwise useless item…

While rummaging my favorite section of IKEA, the “As Is” Section, I once again found myself staring at the obis of stranded pieces of wood, doors and shelves. Every time I see this corner I ask myself ” Who on earth buys this crap?”

I answered my own question when I sifted through the piles and found these babies…

Lovely forgotten cabinet doors, perfectly framed out scraps of otherwise useless wood. The wheels started turning!!! B-I-N-G-O!! Theses would make the perfect backdrops for Vinyl Projects!!! Priced from $1.99-2.99 they were affordable! Their potential was endless.

You could paint out a middle with Chalk Board paint and make your very own Message Board like the one hanging on my front Porch! Or you could paint the entire thing and paint your Monogrammed initials onto one and rest it on your mantel.

Or if your lucky and you come across a tall cabinet door for only $4.99 you can create the best looking Growth Chart ever!

Slap on a little paint, a little glaze and a little vinyl and there you have it! I love the way these Growth charts look because of the molding! The added detail adds so much and it’s much cheaper then buying a piece of lumber from the hardware store that you have to cut and sand! For reals people… Perfect size, perfect price, perfect! perfect! perfect!!!!

And it moves with you if you ever ditch your house for a new one!!! No more saying goodbye to the cherished growth markings left on your laundry room wall!

So if you have an IKEA near you, dive into that “As Is” section and see what you come up with!!!

*** I get all my vinyl from Cute Stephanie over at Somewhat Simple. Shoot her an email if you need any vinyl cut. Looks like she has a fun giveaway going on now! You could win a similar Growth chart design and other cool Vinyl!!

Comments

Stephanie says:

I love it! So cute!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training says:

Too funny, I was just as Ikea last weekend thinking that same thing! Now I want to go back and look through all the unwanted stuff with a “crafters eye”. Great project!

Brilliant. Time to make a trip to ikea.

Cute cute ideas as usual!

Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

I had no idea they have a section like that. I am definitely going to check it out next time I am at IKEA. Thanks for the tip. :)

Taste of Champaign says:

Your "somewhat simple" link didn't work for me. would love to find a vinyl lettering growth chart!

Rebecca D. says:

I fixed the Somewhat Simple link!!!!!

Click away folks!!!!

My pantry door is marked up with growth marks! The tallest being 6 foot 8! I may have to look for a REALLY tall cabinet door!

Thanks for sharing such a cute idea!

Very cute! I need to blog about this. I have seen it done on 1×6's but this is so much cuter!

a little bit vintage says:

LOVE this growth chart…way TOO cute! This is my first visit to your blog, via Tattered Goods. :) Come visit me at: http://littlebitvintage.blogspot.com/

Smiles,
    Rachel

Wow, superb blog structure! How lengthy have you ever been blogging for? you made running a blog glance easy. The entire glance of your site is excellent, let alone the content material!