School years…

A few years ago While I was visiting my dads house he handed over a plastic grocery bag filled with my school “Crap” as he would have put it!!! Certificates, reports, awards, pictures etc… It was a jumbled mess but so fun to go through non the less!

I found an award I was given in Kindergarten, ” Great pumper award!!!” I’m sure my teacher had to rack her brain to come up with that one. I wasn’t a good speller or math whiz so being a good pumper on the swings was my top skill at the time! Still it was probably better then getting a “Great pusher in of her chair award!”

I also found a 10th place ribbon for some field day event, a poem I wrote in the 2nd grade and a slew of other smile inducing pieces of paper!

Now with my oldest about to start school I wanted to come up with a better way to store and organize her “School crap!” When she graduates High School I’ll be able to give her this instead of an Albertsons bag!

On each hanging file I’ll be displaying their “First day of school” photo along with their signature.
I can’t wait to see how their handwriting changes over the years!
I picked up the pink crates at Walmart and let each girl picked out the ribbon they wanted. I’ll add their name in vinyl just above the bow.

These cute crates are easy to store in our guest room closet and even stack!!!

So there you have it! A place to put all those special treasures our little monkeys come home with!

Comments

Stephanie says:

I'm doing this…

This is such a cute idea becca! Love it. Too bad my boys are half grown, I've already thrown half their crap away and they are boys, so I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate the cuteness of this idea! lol.

I'm sooo going to Walmart for some of these today! Love it!!

Valerie says:

WOW! So smart! I love it! Thanks for sharing! I linked to you on my blog, thecraftersfilebox.blogspot.com.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says:

I've got a huge file folder for my girl – but I love this idea! So. much.

Morph This says:

love it! only i will need a bigger crate because obviously my kids will get a lot of awards.

for those that don't know me.. i am kidding.

pattyruth14 says:

Great idea… my son's "crap" is piled in a card board box and I'm planning to put a good deal of it in a scrap book. I'd better hurry up because he entering his senior year.

OH!! Love this idea! My girls are half grown as well….

Brittany says:

My heart lept & a tear came to my eye when I saw this. Perfect. Thank you, you AMAZING woman!

Love this idea!! I am starting it with Tanner this year. So smart.

The Dunns says:

What a cute idea!!! I'm stealing it for sure. Thanks for sharing!!

What a great idea! Right now I have one in school and I keep his best stuff and put them in folders.

Theresa, Jon & Kids says:

What is your plan for the 3D art and projects? This is the "crap" that I'm stumped on what to do with. And with 4 kids, I have A LOT of it! ;-)

I love it! Thanks, Pam

So neat! My first will start Kindergarten this August, I need to make this crate for her (and my son who'll start next year)! I found you through Organizing Junkie:)

servantsheart.wordpress.com says:

My oldest started kindergarten this year and, right now, I just have some things stacked on my desk with no clue what to do with them.

I LOVE this! It's neat, and pretty and she will see that I really am proud of the work she brings home.

Now, do you have any ideas on organizing hair bows?? I have three girls and the plastic box I have used for two years is no longer working…

Michelle Loy, MPH, MS, RD says:

I love this idea! I've been saving my daughter's pre-school work, but I had no plan for how to save it really. This is great, and I think she'd love it. Thanks!

mom2triplets04 says:

We are at the end of kindergarten now but just wanted to tell you I love your idea especially with the photo of the child on each folder. Thanks for sharing your idea. Next time I'm in Walmart I'm going to be searching for those crates.

Soccer Mom in Giggle Town says:

I love this idea.. tho I will place them in covered file folders for I have 5 children and will need to stack them!

Awesome, thank you for sharing.

Ann Clark says:

This is a really great idea. But is it legal size or letter size? I ask because projects from the younger years are larger. I currently store each year in the school supplies box that I receive purchasing through the PTA at school.

1. [...] 2.  The never ending school papers!  I love this idea – one place for everything and one for each kid.  Thanks, blue cricket design. [...]