Paper Fans

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There sat one last wall in my girls room…blank, barren and in need of love!

SOLUTION: Paper fans!

This easy! EASY! EASY decorating technique is not only simple but super CHEAP!!! My two favorite things when it comes to projects over here!! This entire wall only cost about $6 to fill and the result is a splash of color and a dose of whimsy!

How to make:

( we’ve all made a paper fan out of a school program while board or while sitting in church! It really is just that easy…)

• Take two identical pieces of Scrapbook paper.
  • cut them both to the same square size
  • fold the paper back and forth

• fold each folded piece of paper in half

• Using a hot glue gun, glue the center together. Repeat on the second piece of paper.

• Now glue them together on the seams.

• attach them to wall using Adhesive Putty.

This is a darling way to custom create a feature wall for any room!

Comments

Valencia says:

OMG now cute is that!!! You just gave me the idea i was looking for(cheap) to design my two girls room around. They're gonna love it!!

Lindsay says:

I'm really LOVING this and debating where to do it!

I love this! I don't scrapbook anymore, but have a ton of paper that I have been lugging around for each move because it is too lovely to give away. Thanks to you, I know just how to drag it out of the case and get to look at it everyday!

Love it! Looks so great in the room!

Veronica says:

This is a great idea! I'm going to have to try it!

Anneke and Kris says:

What a perfect idea!! How do you come up with all of these???

~Kimberly says:

What a cheap and creative way to fill the wall up! Thanks for sharing!!!

pattyruth14 says:

Love this the colors are great and it make thst wall pop!

how cute!

I'm totally stealing this idea for my girls' room. Love it!!

Those are darling! And easy enough that I think I could do it! Haha. I did not get my mother or sisters talent when it comes to sewing and crafts!

Love it! My 2 year old's room is having a naked issue also… I'll have to steal your idea! So she has the exact same dresser in her room that I found in my father-in-laws shop and painted white. Anyway, I bought these really cute pink handles from Lowe's for only about .75 cents a peice. I got some for the closet door too! Really cheep and it tied the room together (if you're looking for more ideas :o)

Faith- Inspired Designs by Faith says:

this is such a cute and easy idea! LOVE IT!!!

naomi carmen* says:

what an awesome idea!!! i must copy it!

Rachelle says:

Those are so adorable! I can't believe how super cute those are!

WOW how stunning is this?!?!!! and it was so simple to. LOVE it!

Darling! Thanks for sharing such a cute idea! I loved how you used these to decorate!

Wow – this is what I've been looking for, for my daughters room – so cute! I'm a new fan, thanks to Megity's.

Priscilla says:

I'm going to do this in my daughters room when we repaint (pink and green on one wall) and definitely for my scrapbook room. I want to surround myself with color!

I love you Becca! I've been looking for something fun and 3 dimensional for Leila's room and this is SO it! You rock!!!!

I love this! We're renting our house right now, so the rooms are all very bland since we haven't painted. This will be perfect to add something extra to my daughter's room without having to repaint before we move!

Mamarazzi says:

i used this amazing tutorial for a room in my house…come see, i love it!! thanks for the GREAT idea…i made sure to give you credit on my blog.

♥ Noelle ♥ says:

mammarazzi sent me over to learn how to make these paper fans… too cute!!! what a great idea!

A mere two years later, I discovered this and finally had a use for those candy wrappers I’d been saving! It takes 4-6 wrappers to get a much smaller product, but I’m diligently folding and gluing. One day, the space above my closet will enjoy the colors of Tootsie Fruit Rolls, which are widely recognized as the best colors in the world. Thanks for the idea!

This is a great boost of color! What type of papers did you use?

debbie gentry says:

Have got to try this!!!

1. [...] you need.  If you need a little refresher on how to make a paper fan, you can check out the paper fan tutorial over at Blue Cricket Design.  ou can see a tutorial on how to make paper fans over at Blue Cricket [...]

2. [...] web. I first saw them over at The Tortoise and The Hare, who linked to a fantastic tutorial over at Blue Cricket Design. But they are so damn cute that I just can’t help but show you them again. As a bonus, [...]

3. [...] of tissue paper from the Dollar Store and some yarn I had around the house. I also made some paper fans but I only got a couple hung up before I ran out of time. I also hung up our Kool Aid Dyed Wool [...]

4. [...] various fan sizes. Each fan takes 3 sheets of paper. The tutorial I used to make them can be found here. Extremely simple to make and best of all, cheap! I mixed and matched a couple shades of coral and [...]