The instructions are simply stated on the box…
“Make non-stick stencils. Temporarily adhere the plastic side to fabric with a hot, dry iron. Peel off stencil when paint dries.“
Sounds easy enough! Boy is it ever! I think I’m in love!!!!
Here’s my go at creating a stencil using Freezer Paper! For this project
I will be making silhouettes.
First Chose an image you would like to trace. I took profile photos of my girls and printed them off. You could trace a photo from a book, use clip art or print an image from on line.
- Next either cut out your image to place on top of the freezer paper or place your image under the freezer paper to trace.
- Place the freezer paper plastic side down and trace.
- cut out your image with an exacto knife or scissors.
- Once the image is cut out place the stencil onto your fabric surface
- and iron it on to adhere it in place.
- Use fabric paint and a foam brush.
- Apply fabric paint
- Brush on the paint and be sure to cover the open space completely paying close attention to the edges.
- Remove stencil and allow for the paint to fully dry…about 1 hour.